Thursday, March 8, 2012

Well I made it back to the village on Saturday. The flight was good just couldn't see much of anything since we have been getting so much snow lately. Jim was my pilot again and when he saw me he said "Hey kid, want to ride up front with me again?" and of course I said yes. This would be my 3rd time riding in the co-pilot spot with Jim as my pilot. He's a great guy and I enjoy his flights. He makes the best landings. They are always so smooth you can hardly tell you are touching the ground. It's always flawless. He enjoys chatting on the flight and I am always curious about what is going on or what we are seeing. He explains the sights we are seeing and answers my questions about flying the aircraft and what happens to the plane in turbulence, etc. Even though it always makes me nervous to fly in the co-pilot spot, I really enjoy it. Now not to worry all of you, but to answer the question as to why I am always nervous about sitting there, it's because if a small plane like ours was to crash, Jim and I would be the first to go. Scary. But not to worry all is well. I always say my prayers and things go smoothly. I have faith in the Lord that he will protect me.


This is a picture I took at Alyeska. It was so cloudy there everyday but then on this day the sun started to poke through the clouds and it was perfect the way it was hitting the mountains. I was lucky to get such an amazing photo of this. I just thought I'd share it with you and see the amazing beauty I am surrounded by each and everyday. Hard not to look at this and not see God in it. 

Also, after staying at the resort, a bunch of us rented a house (still in Girdwood). It was a beautiful house and a perfect size for the amount of people we had. It was three floors and had lots of things to do. There was a hot tub, pool table, slot machine, foosball table, plenty of board games, etc. The first night we all had drinks and talked. We ended up playing 90's Trivial Pursuit and to our surprise we did not know as much as we thought we would. A couple of the guys in the group were kicking our butts. But then the next night we played Battle of the Sexes and the girls kicked the boys butts! So it's all good. The boys were not too happy but the girls were thrilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment