I have been so wrapped up in everything going on here that I haven't taken the time to sit down and write to you all. Currently I am sitting in a lovely hotel room at the fabulous Alyeska Ski Resort in Girdwood, Alaska. So far my stay here has been wonderful. The food is fantastic and I'm learning from the rest of my staff members here during our inservice.
Speaking of food, I had the most amazing Reindeer sausage sandwich the other day. It was delicious! I was a little afraid to eat a reindeer seeing as my children would never forgive me for eating Rudolph but I figure I'll just tell them that I ate the reindeer that made fun of Rudolph and didn't let him play in any reindeer games. Ha-ha. I also tried an Elk burger. That was pretty tasty but I enjoyed the sausage more.
The views here are amazing. There is so much snow everywhere you look. The trees are covered and their branches are holding inches of snow on them. It sure is a beautiful site. I am enjoying watching all the skiers and snowboarders coming down all the different trails. I myself have never tried out the sport but hopefully will one day.

Everything at school has been going well. I had an interview with the district a couple weeks back to see if there was a possibility of getting an official teaching job here. The day they came to pick me up in a small twin engine bush plane was the day we were experiencing high winds. It was frustrating because I wanted to get this interview but wasn't to sure about getting on a plane that day. Ron said "If it was me, I would not be getting on a plane today." I thought about and decided, you only live once and got on the plane. The pilot warned us it would be a bumpy flight and boy was he right. Shortly after takeoff our heads were hitting the top of the aircraft. I was holding onto my seatbelt with one hand and holding the ceiling with the other so not to hit my head. The pilots head was hitting the ceiling a bit and it looked like it hurt a bit with his headset and all. I was very nervous and kept hoping and praying that the Lord would protect us. The flight got smoother after 10ish minutes but then was swaying back and forth quite a bit. I just kept telling myself I was a baby in a crib rocking back and forth.. no big deal lol. Since I first got to bush Alaska all I heard from everyone were their terrifying flight stories and I finally got to experience mine.
So far there have been a lot of budget cuts and teachers losing their jobs so it's not looking too promising for me to be coming back next year as a classroom teacher. The offer is still on the table for me to stay as an aide with the same student but I would really like to become a teacher and run a classroom of my own. I plan to move back home at the end of the year and start looking for a job back east. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll find something.
Anyway, That's all for now. I hope you all are well!


No comments:
Post a Comment